City of Glass ( The Mortal Instument #3) by Cassandra Clare

Sunday, November 3, 2013

ISBN  : 9781416914303
Pages  : 541
Publish Year : 2009
Publisher : Walker Books
Format : Paperback
Personal Rating : 8/10
Summary ( Goodreads ) :
To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters - never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City - whatever the cost?

Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Times bestselling trilogy The Mortal Instruments


Review :


Gosh!What a wonderful book ! So much better than the previous book : City of Ashes! I have a lot to talk about. And before we get further, please be patient about my long reviews and be aware of some spoilers and fangirlings :D


Okay, first thing first. One of the best things that I like from Cassandra Clare’s writtings is her style to write in such details that make you feel like you actually experience the adventure. And a little bit sneak peek for you who haven’t read it ( I absolutly doubt it) , the story sets in Alicante, Idris. Yes, the best place for all Shadowhunters. And with Cassie’s amazing writing, I’m sure that either me and you can enjoyed the beauty of the city. I mean, seriously, I had been very curious with the city, and it turned out to be absolutly breathtaking  :D

Second best thing about this book is that this book shows more relation to each characters. In previous books, they only focus on Clary and Jace’s relationship. But this one, it show more friendly relationship. Like Clary with Simon’s, Jace with Isabelle’s, or Luke with his sister’s .

Let’s move on to the characters  Another great thing about the book is that this book is written in many point of views. This book gives more focus to some characters. I found that it’s very entertaining because it gave me some answers that I’ve wandering. And yeah, they gave a lot to write about and I’m tempted to do so.

Start with Clary. I think she was starting to understand her abillities more.Eventhought I found her to be  quite childish at first,  I’m proudly say that she has gain herself more confident. And then for Jace. At first, I think he was being too emotional. This one was shown in his behaviour where I thought that he is being jerk and stupid like scolding at Clary and punching the windows -__-“. But again, Jace isn’t a character that you will be able to hate. I was starting to drawn for him again when he shows his sweetness towards Clary again ^^.
Anyway, I found that Clary and Jace was much sweeter than the second books. They show more affection towards each other. I almost forget that they’re siblings. It’s like the City of Bones all over again.
 Okay, move on to others.  The newest characters : Jonathan ( or Sebastian ) and Aline.  Eventhought in the end they’re not related at all, at first I had an impression that they’re like the evil sibling from the Cruel Intentions. I don’t have much to say about Aline, but Jonathan,  I guess I have some quite things to say. One of the first thing that I found is that he’s like the counterpart of Jace. I mean, both of them are handsome, talented, fast, and definitely charming.  And I love to see that Jace finally meet his match.

Now, my favorite scene of the book is when the Downworders and the Clave started to bond an alliances. It was the best thing about the book actually. When they started marked each other and working together, my heart beat faster as I read it faster too. 

Don’t forget about the ending! It was written BEAUTIFULLY. It was fun and really tempting, really. If I wasn’t such a maniac about the Shadowhunters, I would like to take it as and endings for the series.

Well, that’s all I guess. Thank you for coming and being patient to read my quite long review of the book. But seriously, I can’t hold it keep it for myself. I need to blurt all of it. Anywas, this was one of my favorite book :D.

" I didn't call you because I'm tired of you only wanting me around when you need something. I'm tired of watching you be on love with someone- someone incidentally, who will never love you back. Not they way you do ,"  Magnus Bane

"People aren't born good or bad. Maybe they're born with tendencies either way, but it's they way you live your life that matters. And the people you know. Valentine was Hodge's friend, and I don't think Hodge really had anyone else in his life to challenge him or make him a better person. If I'd had that life, I don't know how I would have turned out," Simon Lewis


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please give me your thought about my posts. Include your blog links if you want me to comment back :)