Allegiant ( Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth

Monday, December 23, 2013

ISBN : 9780062287335
Publisher : Katherin Tegen Books
Format : Paperback
Edition : First US Edition
Publishing Date : October 2013
Personal Rating : 7/10
Summary :


After the factions shattered by the factionless, Tris Prior know it better that she must leave the city and go across the border to see the world beyond.In this new world, Tris will be discover surprising truths that she never imagined . And she might surprised that the outside world is way more dangerous than anything she has ever gone throught.

Review:

Well, a great book to  finish the series. You know, I didn’t want to read the book at first,  because of the spoilers . For you who have read it, you must be understand what I’m saying. But again, Divergent is on of the series that I have followed since beginning. Then,I thought this is the last one. I have been a big fan of Divergent. Following up every news and craving for the next book since I read it almost three years ago. So let’s finish it. 


Okay, let’s start with the review. To be honest, I don’t know how to write a review without spilling some spoilers, but I’ll try to toned it down.

Let’s start with some objective stuff, because usually it contains less spoilers.  As much as you all know, Tris isn’t the only one who narrated the story, but so is Tobias aka Four. I have read his POV before on Free Four.  While reading the book, I found that somehow the way Four narrated Allegiant is a little bit different than the way he did on Free Four. In Free Four I think he sound a little bit more sarcastic and manly. While in Allegiant, I found that he sound a little bit gentle, which is more like his character I suppose.

Talking about the POV. I’m glad that Veronica Roth finally let Four narrated the story, I mean the main story. But I found that the way Tris and Tobias narrated the story is almost the same. It’s hard too see who narrated the story if you don’t see the name.

Let’s move one with more subjective matters, and prepare for some spoilers.

The first think I thought when I read the beginning : Maze Runner. Well, it’s almost like that. It’s about trying to get out from some isolated place.

Anyway, the book is a page turner.And after the shocking revelation in the last book, there will be more shocking revelations in this book.

For the characters and relationship. I have to say, there lots of new characters here. With Four being one of the narators, I think it also gives other character’s more spotlight.There are some characters that I want to know more, like Tris’s mother or Matthew. I also love how Tris become more matured and stronger. While I think it's kinda shame that I found Four a little bit clumsy and immature.

Now, for the ending. THIS WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS!! It’s kinda teary. I realize that when I was going to meet the end of the book, somehow I didn’t want it to end. And for you who have read it or got some spoiler, you know what happened to our dearest Tris.  I think that’s the hardest thing to let go from this series. Wheter I cried or not when it happened, I’m not gonna tell it.

I know that most fans hated the ending.And some of them hated the book just because of it. And yeah, I thought the ending is a little bit hurried and t it might not be the ending I have thought, but it might be the perfect ending. Besides, there one thing that I learn from the ending of the book : Sometimes you just need to let it go.

Well, that’s my review. Look, this time, I don't wanna to decide wheter the book is good or not. Because to be honest, it's quite hard to judge the book at the moment. Anyway,special thanks to Veronica Roth, a wonderful author who has given me a perfect figure of Tris. I’ll be here waiting for your next books!

" I don't belong to to Abnegation, or Dauntless, or even the Divergent. I don't belong to the Bureau or the experiment or the fringe. I belong to the people I love, and they belong to me- they, and the love and loyalty I give them, form my identity far mor than any word or group ever could" - Tris Prior

" Genes aren't everything. Peolple, even gentically damaged people, make choices. That's what matters." - Amar

2 comments:

Unknown said...

At first, I didn't really get what the Allegiant craze is all about. It all changed when I picked up Divergent about 3-4 weeks ago because there didn't seem to be any interesting books in store. Now, I get why people are so crazy about Allegiant!! It's awesome, isn't it? Just sad over the fact with Tris... you know. But personally, Veronica made a really powerful ending through the female hero.

By the way, where did you get Free Four? Did you download it or bought in a store? I can't get the full version!

eternalbooks said...

Yes! Yes! I agree with you! I love Tris. The ending is kinda sad and hurried , though. I'm glad you love it too. Anyway, my friend gave me a copy few weeks ago :D

Post a Comment

Please give me your thought about my posts. Include your blog links if you want me to comment back :)