Prodigy ( Legend #2 ) by Marie Lu

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Publisher : Penguin Publishing
Publish date : January 29, 2013
Pages : 374
ISBN : 0399256768
Media : Paperback
Personal rating : 8/10
Sumarry :
Injured and on the run, it has been seven days since June and Day barely escaped Los Angeles and the Republic with their lives. Day is believed dead having lost his own brother to an execution squad who thought they were assassinating him. June is now the Republic's most wanted traitor. Desperate for help, they turn to the Patriots - a vigilante rebel group sworn to bring down the Republic. But can they trust them or have they unwittingly become pawns in the most terrifying of political games?

Review :



Finally, I can read Prodigy! The book is as good as its predescor. With different twist and of course, more questions to answer. 

The main thing about Prodigy, I think, is finding what’s right. In this book, it’s hard to see which side  is the right one. We can also see the character’s struggles about their choices. And I guess, that’s what makes the book interesting. Readers will never know who the bad guy is.


In this book, some question will be answered and some new question will pop up. The book  also give more focus about the Republic’s system. The history about how it all happen , the Republics and Trials, everything will come to light. 

Also in this book, June and Day ‘s  relationship will be tested. I mean, they have different background and past. And those thing will affect their relationship in this book. They also struggle with trust issues and arguments since the have different visions about things. 

Now for the characters. Once again, I find that among Day and June, I prefer June. I think in this book, June is more mature than the previous books. She will be tested about where her loyalties lies. And when almost no one trust her, she still stand for what’s right. No matter how good the other choice sounds. While Day, I think he choose to follow his egos instead of doing what’s logical. I find that very childish and petty minded.
Talking about Day. You’ll see him in action. And I find it interesting to see. I mean in Legend, most of the time, I’m impressed by June’s action. I think it’s time to see what’s Day capable of!

Anyway,there is also another character that got my attention. Remember Anden , the Elector’s son? Well, he’ll get pretty important role in this book. You’ll see the other side if him that make you like him. I think he remind me of another character. Maxon Schreave from The Selection. It’s hard to explain why, but I can see the resemblance.

And that’s my review. Thanks for coming!

"You know, sometimes I wonder what things would be like if I just... met you one day. Like normal people do."- Daniel Altan "Day" Wing


2 comments:

glo said...

Nice review :)
I've read legend, but still have to read the two other books :)
Are you going to read the third book, champion?

Gloria @ www.gloriatheviolinist.blogspot.com

eternalbooks said...

Sure I am! The series are wonderful and I already have a copy on me. I just need to spare some time, that's all :D

Post a Comment

Please give me your thought about my posts. Include your blog links if you want me to comment back :)