Beautiful Disaster by Jaime McGuire

Wednesday, August 7, 2013



Pages      : 418
ISBN      : 9781476712048
My rating :  7/10
Summary :
Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match
.

I never read an adult novel before, so I can’t compare it to other novel.My words for the book? Ridiculousy unrealistic,but ridiculously addicting. How? Just keep reading. But before we gone further, I want to say to everyone who read this, please noted that this book contain violence, harsh words, bloody fighting, and many other.


 If you read the book, you’ll see how friends with benefit, bad guy and good girl, bad boy  change for an ordinary and insecure girl, everything is wrapped in a sweet and sexy story.  At the beginning of the story , it felt like you’re watching a movie. More like No String Attached , I guess, only with more bad-ass male protagonist. It was also felt like a TV series because it seems like it’s divided into few parts.

I don’t really like the first part, where their relationship begun. There were just too many repeating so the paced felt slow. It’s all about Travis getting obsessed with trying to get Abby. I also think that the first part is really ridiculous. It’s all seemed so unrealistic . I mean, how can a hottie that have been sleeping with half of the girls at campus like Travis  fall in love with a plain girl like Abby and keep chasing her since their first encounter? And then , how can a good girl like Abby would stay patient with a guy like Travis ? But, believe it or not, the ridiculousness is the one that made the story interesting and kept me reading the book.

So,if any of you read the book and feeling like you’re going to put on the book, DON’T. It will be getting better when you hit chapter 12 or 13. Their adventure was great and fun to read. The violence was reduced and you can see the different sides of the characters and their background. The story getting more realistic because there are actually a problem that they need to finish, not just silly temperaments and egos problem. And then the last fight, Gosh! It is so tensed and amazing, I think I was holding my breath!

Now let’s check the characters. Abby,she was okay. I love her stuborness and how she didn’t be cranky all the time.  For you boys, I think Abby would be an interesting girl for you. A good virgin who actually had some bad-ass side. And then there’s Travis. Yup, he is a hottie. And in a matter of fact he is the reason why I wanted to try to read this book ( found the book on hottest book boyfriends list on Goodreads). How I feel about him was upside down. Sometime I love him, sometime I hate him. I mean he can be sweet,romantic,and cute. But sometime he can be temperament,violent, and ridiculously over-protective toward Abby. Don’t forget America. I love her. She was a wonderful friend. Any girl would be grateful to have such besties! She always support Abby, protect her, and actually want to sacrifice her love life just for her best friend!And for the other character, I guess I’m not paying much attention :D.

Well, that’s my review guys. I know that maybe I’m being harsh by calling this book ridiculous and unrealistic. But please understand that I’m not really into romance books. Maybe you will love it if you love romance or adult book. And again, I don’t hate the book. I like it, in a matter of fact, just not the kind of book I used to read. So you can see that if someone like me that doesn’t really into romances could like the book, then maybe if you’re someone who like romances, you would crazily fall in love with the book!

Thank for coming guys!

" I wondered if there had ever been lines at all, and if I was the only one who considered Travis and I just friends anymore ,"-  Abby Abernathy

" I don't want to to date her; I just want to be around her. She's... different,"-  Travis Maddox

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please give me your thought about my posts. Include your blog links if you want me to comment back :)